Sunday, 22 March 2009

First post

No bullshit, here's some Preston Blair construction studies, in chronological order.

Sometimes I can't decide how I should try to match things up when I superimpose my study over the original. Here I tried to match the eye area rather than the muzzle, other times I've matched the overall size. I guess it doesn't matter too much either way, it still shows what's off.

God-damn muzzles.

The proportions here are getting better. Except for that ear. I hate this dog's ears! All the ones I've done since this have been of this dog, since there are lots of drawings of him.

Very off.

This was quicker than the others. It takes me up to an hour to do these, which seems like a bloody age. Am I just retarded? (experience says yes) I tried to do this one in the time it takes my laptop to start up. Hilariously, I ended up with tons of time to spare (the thing's dying, sometimes it takes about 20 minutes). It was about as off as you'd expect, I guess.

This one's nearly there!

One thing I haven't been doing is retrying the same one after lining them up. If you're the type who snoops filenames you'll also see that I haven't been doing these terribly frequently. I have no real excuse, but John K wasn't lying when he said this was a frustrating and difficult thing to do! If only I could've just been made to do this at university, it's much easier to do things when somebody's actually making you do them! I shall try to man up and press on, but I am not known amongst my close friends for manliness.